Pre-Workout supplements boost your energy, strength, endurance, and focus for powerful workout sessions. In order to build more muscle; you must first break it down. By pushing harder during your workout you can anticipate greater results, both inside the gym and out. Expect unparalleled levels of mental focus and alertness, skyrocketing energy levels, and vein-popping vascular pumps.
Choose a pre-workout supplement based on your stimulant tolerance, we have a selection of low, moderate and extreme strength. If you don’t want a stimulant, try either a pump or an endurance supplement.
- Muscletech Platinum Glutamine 300g$23.96Save $5.99$0.40 per serving
- Balance 100% Pure L-Glutamine 500g$59.46Save $10.49
- Optimum Nutrition Glutamine Powder 600g$46.71Save $8.24$0.39 per serving
- Optimum Nutrition Glutamine Powder 300g$33.96Save $5.99$0.57 per serving
- EHPlabs L-Glutamine 500 Grams$31.96Save $7.99$0.32 per serving
- Muscletech Cell-Tech 3lb$59.96Save $14.99$2.14 per serving
- PVL 100% Glutamine 1.2kg - Unflavoured$63.96Save $15.99
- PVL 100% Glutamine 400g$31.96Save $7.99
- Musashi Intra-Workout$42.46Save $7.49$1.77 per serving
- Balance Glutamine 1000 150 caps$33.96Save $5.99
- Balance 100% Pure L-glutamine 150g$21.21Save $3.74
- Gaspari Nutrition Glutamine 300g$29.71Save $5.24
- Raiseys Micronised L-Glutamine Pure 350g$25.46Save $4.49
- Dymatize Glutamine Micronized – 300g$29.71Save $5.24
- Raiseys L-Glutamine 100 g$16.96Save $2.99
- Switch Nutrition Glutamine 100 Serve$33.96Save $5.99
- Axe & Sledge BASICS - Glutamine$25.46Save $4.49
- Ryse Glutamine 300g$29.71Save $5.24
- PVL: Gold Series GLUTAMINE GOLD+ Unflavoured 1100 g$63.96Save $15.99
- North Coast Naturals Fermented L-Glutamine Orange 12 Pack$33.96Save $5.99
- North Coast Naturals Fermented L-Glutamine 300g$33.96Save $5.99
Pre-Workout supplements are designed to increase your performance at the gym. Typically they come in a powdered form in a small tub with a scoop. About 30min before your workout, add the pre-workout powder into a shaker with water, giving it a quick shake to dissolve. Always read the label first for dosage instructions. If you have a low tolerance for stimulants or it’s your first time using pre-workout, it is advised to try a half serving first. These supplements contain ingredients which will increase energy, blood flow and endurance, strength and also act as nootropics to ensure laser focus during your workouts.
Effects of Pre-Workout
Caffeine is the number one ingredient in Pre-Workouts; Caffeine is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant that improves cognitive function, takes away feelings of tiredness and improves athletic performance.
When the amino acid L-theanine is combined with caffeine it produces a pronounced synergistic effect that leads to heightened focus, awareness and results in increased levels of energy, and reduced levels of stress.
Tyrosine is a highly effective nootropic found in the majority of Pre-Workouts - Tyrosine is used to improve cognitive function, focus, reduce stress and improve overall alertness allowing you to stay sharp between the ears during your workouts.
Creatine and beta-alanine are two of the most common ingredients found in Pre-Workouts. This is due to the fact that creatine has been clinically shown to increase athletic performance and muscle strength.
Beta-alanine has proved effective when it comes to increasing athletic performance and exercise endurance. It achieves this by elevating levels of carnosine and reducing levels of lactic acid build up in the body.
Endurance & Pump
Ingredients such as citrulline, arginine and agmatine are known as 'Nitric Oxide boosters' - These lead to improved blood flow in the body which then pumps more blood into the muscle stimulating what is known as 'the pump' producing greater muscular contractions and increased vascularity.
With increased blood flow this means more oxygen is carried through the body which will improve endurance. Carbohydrate powders and amino acids are great for improving the quality of your workouts - These supplements can be taken anytime of the day but are most popular Intra-Workout as they fuel the body and prevent it from going catabolic allowing you to work harder for longer.