Shop our range of amino acids, from BCAAs to EAAs. An effective, yet delicious way to enhance recovery.
Items 1-22 of 62
- 40% OFFXplosiv Flavour Bomb BCAAs 50 Serve$35.97Save $23.98
- Naked Harvest BCAA Sample Pack - Mango Pineapple & Strawberry Coconut$10.16Save $1.79
- Ehp Labs Beyond BCAA 30 Serve$56.00Save $14.00
- Scivation Xtend 90 Serve$93.46Save $16.49$1.04 per serving
- Animal M-stak$73.95Save $13.05
- Musclepharm Combat Energy Rtd 473ml Box Of 12$50.96Save $8.99
- Musashi Muscle Recovery Rtd 6 Pack$24.57Save $4.33
- Naked Harvest BCAAs + Hydration$50.96Save $8.99
- Optimum Nutrition BCAA 200 caps$42.46Save $7.49$0.42 per serving
- Mutant Geaar BCAA + EAA 30 Serve$50.96Save $8.99
- Gaspari Nutrition Size-on 1.58 Kg$67.96Save $11.99
- Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy + Electrolytes Rtd Carbonated Case Of 12$56.10Save $9.90$4.68 per serving
- Mutant BCAA 200 Caps$33.96Save $5.99$0.68 per serving
- Musashi Beta Alanine 120g$21.21Save $3.74$0.21 per serving
- Ronnie Coleman BCAA-xs 30 Serve$29.71Save $5.24
- Optimum Nutrition BCAA 400 caps$76.46Save $13.49$0.38 per serving
- Ghost Amino V2 40 Serve$59.46Save $10.49
- Redcon1 Grunt BCAA + EAA 30 Serve$50.96Save $8.99
- Wizard Nutrition Invigour 50 serve Bcaa$50.96Save $8.99$1.02 per serving
- Raiseys Gold Series BCAA 211 Intra 30 Serve$50.96Save $8.99
- Optimum Nutrition BCAA Boost 30 Serve$46.71Save $8.24
- Bsn Amino X EAA$42.46Save $7.49
What are amino acids?
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, your body needs 20 different amino acids in order to maintain good health and function. There are 20 different amino acids and these are split up into 2 groups, Essential amino acids and nonessential amino acids. There are 9 essential amino acids, these are the amino acids which the body cannot synthesize on its own and can only be obtained through diet. The remaining 11 are nonessential amino acids, and these are naturally produced by the body. Of the 9 essential amino acids, 3 of them are branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), these, as well as essential amino acids (EAAs), are the most popular amino supplements on the market.
Supplementing with amino acids
Amino acid supplements come in 2 primary forms, BCAAs, and EAAs. It is important to remember that BCAAs are just 3 of the 9 EAAs, it is for this reason that you are better off supplementing with an EAA supplement to ensure that you are consuming an adequate dose of essential amino acids.Many amino acids supplements now contain caffeine so that it can be used as a pre-workout or caffeine top-up throughout the day. Electrolytes are often also added to amino supplements to help support hydration.
What are the benefits of amino acids?
Supplementing with amino acids is an excellent way to improve muscle recovery, reduce muscle soreness and decrease catabolism of muscle mass. By supplementing with amino acids you can see better progress in your performance and physique due to improved hydration and recovery, as well as an improved ability to retain muscle mass.
How are amino acids made?
There are four primary ways to produce amino acids. Enzymatic reaction, extraction, fermentation, and synthesis. The most common method of production is fermentation. In this process, amino acids are made by fermenting ingredients with microorganisms such as probiotic bacteria. Ingredients such as molasses are then added to this process to help cultivate microorganisms. These microorganisms then multiply and produce amino acids.
What are the different forms of amino acids?
There are 2 different forms of amino acids and there are 20 in total. Essential amino acids, and nonessential amino acids. In total there are 9 essential amino acids, 3 of which are branched-chain amino acids. The remaining 11 are nonessential amino acids.
Essential amino acids:
- Leucine (BCAA)
- Isoleucine (BCAA)
- Valine (BCAA)
Nonessential amino acids:
- Aspartic acid
- Glutamic acid